Sunday, January 20, 2013

Welcome to Ohnonotanotherveganblog's first post: Chanana Bites!

Welcome to Ohnonotanotherveganblog!

Hello everyone! My name is Ashlyn, and I am a vegan.  Not a Peta Vegan, but a "I'm tired of being overweight and unhealthy" vegan.  This is my blog.  I know, I know, you are all thinking to yourself, "Oh no! Not another vegan blog!"  But yes, yes it is.  For those friends of mine who are considering this healthy life style yourself, I hope you find my blog inspirational.  For those who have considered it and then had the common excuses, "I can't give up meat!" "I love sugar too much!" "I love being sick all the time"...etc. etc. etc...I hope the recipes I post will make you drool.  I have always considered myself a "Meat and Potatoes" kinda person, but seriously, being vegan is not that hard.  In fact, I am loving it!  And, if you take the time to try some of the recipes yourself, you will find, it is delicious!   Now, before we begin, I have to state a disclaimer:  I am not an English professor.  I suck at spelling about 99% of the time.  I commonly use run on sentences and the wrong punctuation.  So...if you are a grammar natzi, you might not want to keep reading.  Don't say I didn't warn ya!
 Now for that first post...


Chanana Bites:
What is a Chanana Bite you ask? I'll tell you what it is.  It is an amazingly delicious little sweet fix. A brilliant blend of 2 of the best flavors in the world. A heavenly concoction that will keep you coming back for more and more and more...And that is ok, because it is healthy.  Well, kind of.
And now, let me show you:



So first, you need to get the ingredients together.  This recipe is really complicated so bear with me.
Here's what you need:

2  3.5 oz vegan chocolate bars of your choice.  This one is yummy and is an "accidental" vegan bar.  (This photo is not mine, I got it from Google.)

2 tablespoons coconut oil.
5 medium bananas sliced into bite sized chunks. (This picture isn't mine either.  Thanks again Google.)

4 tablespoons pure maple syrup.

Yep, that's it.  Complicated right?  Now, to put it together:
Line a cookie sheet with wax paper.
Place a pot of water on the stove to boil.
Place a smaller bowl or pot inside the boiling pot and put chocolate and coconut oil inside. (I believe the fancy term would be "double boiler.")
Stir continuously until chocolate is melted and combined with coconut oil.  Remove from heat.  Now, stir in that yummy syrup. (If there is some drops that fall onto your fingers go ahead and lick it off, I won't tell.)
Now, drop all those lucky chunks of banana into that yummy chocolate.


Once the bananas are all coated in the chocolate goodness, place them on the wax paper lined cookie sheets.
Throw the cookie sheets in the fridge for about 20 minutes for the chocolate to harden.

Notice the empty spot?  I think someone snuck one...

Put the finished Chanana Bites in an airtight container and throw them in the freezer.  Next time you get a sweet tooth, pop a couple in your mouth and enjoy!  You don't even have to feel guilty!






PS:  Feel free to tweet, pin, or share my blog!  I will be posting lots of recipes. ;)

2 comments:

  1. Yummy! I am going to have to try and make these. Is the maple syrup necessary or just for taste?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's just for taste. Adds a little extra sweetness to it. :)

    ReplyDelete